SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The Property Desk Adjuster is responsible for evaluating daily tasks, evaluating claim file status, negotiating, and settling for final resolution of property claims of all named-peril losses. The Property Desk Adjuster may be responsible for handling claims of all levels of severity including commercial claims and renter’s claims. The Property Desk Adjuster is responsible for documenting all activity, submitting proper claims paperwork, issuing settlement payments, and closing claims. The Property Desk adjuster will ensure to fulfill the client’s expectations with positive customer service experience, improve claim file quality, and ensure compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Follows RENFROE and clients’ policies and procedures to handle all assigned property claims in an office or remote environment
- Works with Project Manager and other adjusters to share knowledge and experience to gain new skills.
- Contacts named insured to perform Quality First Contact to provide claim process overview, set expectations, confirm the facts of loss, and provide field adjuster’s contact information
- Determines coverage and amounts for additional living expenses such as rental housing, travel, meals, etc.
- Reviews and reconciles insured’s contactor repair estimates to resolve differences and issue supplement settlement payments if warranted
- Determines coverage and calculates appropriate settlement amounts
- Issues settlement checks to insured and writes closing reports
- Enters claims information, using client’s proprietary software, if applicable
- Makes suggestions of ways to improve process efficiency
- Participates in special projects and completes other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 months property claims experience is preferred
- Participation in technical insurance coursework is preferred, such as CPCU
- Experience using various claims processing is preferred
- Appropriate licenses, depending on state requirements
- Applicable client certification
- Effective problem resolution and decision-making skills to include analyzing insurance policies and information, demonstrating sound judgment, and utilizing own experience and the experience of others
- Strong analytical skills and consistent attention to detail
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong customer service orientation and good rapport with the insured
- Well-organized and hard-working, with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to establish good relationships with clients, RENFROE management, employees and others with whom they interact
- Additional opportunities and pay may be available for individuals who have obtained a bilingual-certification (Spanish/English).
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to operate an automobile and have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Ability to travel by automobile or airplane
- Sitting in a chair for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate telephone, computer, mouse, keyboard, and other similar equipment for extended periods of time
- Extended and varying work schedules
- Regular attendance required, working up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for extended periods of time including weekends and holidays
- Fast paced, changing, multi-tasking environment