Primary Job Responsibility :
Handle inbound calls to initiate claims and ensure prompt routing to all claim handling teams. Communicate with customers and associates in person, over the telephone, or by written correspondence. Ensure department service levels and integrity of inbound calls received are in accordance with organizational procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Handle inbound calls to ensure prompt routing of calls to all claim handling teams.
- Communicate with customers in a courteous and professional manner using approved scripts via phone or written correspondence.
- Answer insurance related questions from customers, explain the claim handling process and take detailed messages for claims personnel.
- Display quality work, integrity and ethical decision making during all work assignments.
- Work in a team environment handling low complexity/high volume work.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external partners.
- Adhere to high standards of accountability, confidentiality, and professionalism while dealing with customers.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of all client required training programs
- Excellent telephone skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in a high production call center environment
- Reliable transportation
- Shift adherence, regular attendance and strong punctuality
- Bilingual certification/ability to pass bilingual exam
Working Environment and Physical Requirements :
- Sitting in a chair for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate telephone, personal computer, mouse, keyboard and other similar equipment for extended periods of time
- Extended and varying work schedules
- Regular attendance required, working up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for extended periods of time including weekends and holidays
- Fast-paced, changing, multi-tasking environment
Employees are expected to report to work with little notice and expected to work in a shift environment including irregular hours, weekends, and holidays based on workload, job requirements and customer demands. Employees’work schedules may change with little to no notice and may change based on business need. Employees are expected to be shift flexible,as business needs change.